average homeowners income.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by martn, Mar 5, 2003.

1. martn

martn LawnSite Member

hello, everyone. when marketing your lawn care business, ie fertilizer, weed and insect control. is there an average homeowners income that uses this service? thank you.

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

just a guess somewere between 40k & over 1 mil.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Martin

Welcome to Lawn site. I hope you will enjoy it. But I have got to ask The big question. Please understand you are not the first person to be asked this question. ARE YOU LICENSED BY THE FLORIDA DACS-BEPC TO DO PEST CONTROL??? Fines can be heavy. Florida is the bug capital of America. Just about everyone in Florida needs pest control regardless of income. Pesticide is any thing you use to kill,control or suppress a plant or animal. Regardless if it is store bought or home made. A guy in my area got a $5,000.00 fine for pouring boiling water on ant hills.

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

how could he get fine for useing water on ants thats just stupid. water is not a pesticide:rolleyes: well at least around here its not.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

If it kills pests, it's a pesticide, and ya need to be liscenced, although Harry Homeowner can buy stuff at the store and put it on without mixing properly. It ain't right, but it's so.
    Crawdad

6. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Ric,
    What is the law in Florida concerning the application of over the counter dry lawn chemicals and fertilizer? Example...lawn mow customer asks me to put a bag of Scotts weed and feed on for her after I cut the lawn. Thanks..Dj

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Florida Yard-boy Law. Homeowner may purchase chemicals and transport them to his own property that he lives on. (Not his rental property or property that he and another family lives on.) If the homeowner supplies the spreader or application devise, He may have his Yard-boy to apply these chemicals under his direction.

My advise to anyone who is not licensed is to stay away from this. If your customer is too cheap to hire a pest control company then why should you take a chance of poisoning your self.

8. goose

goose LawnSite Member

I dont know an avg , but I think you can sell fert programs to almost anyone and they will pay $30 every 7 weeks . But the maintenance part of itis a lot different , not everyone will pay $200 a month for that . Landscaping is even less.

9. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

Ric......it really reads Yard-boy?

10. Seems like we aren't answering martins question