Average Income - ROI

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Pinguino, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Pinguino

Pinguino LawnSite Member

I am looking into getting into this business however I have not been able to find out an average income or ROI for this line of work. I know it depends on the amount of clients however what is the average for a beginner just doing Lawn maintenance?

Thanks!

2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

There's really no average.... I'm 16 and only do this part time and plan on making about $6k from lawn maintenance this summer. If you have a good 40-50 accounts in a 10sq mile area, you can make $35k-$50k from just maintenance. IF you plan on doing this for a while, plan on learning landscaping & interlock installation, that's where the money is.

Good Luck!

3. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

There are too many variables. It does not always depend on how many customers you have, it really depends on they type of customers you have. Commercial accounts, we have some that are hundreds a week and some that are 30 bucks a week. Same with residentials. It really depends on the mix of accounts.
    You also have to look at your area. Some places are able to charge more and some less. Too many variables to get you accurate numbers.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It really all depends on the type of customers you have & how many of them you have.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

my 1st year looks like were gonna do 90 to 100,000 in sales

6. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I know I've posted this before, but......I had less than 50 acounts (premium full service) and I made (net profit) slightly more per week than a guy with 200 weekly acounts.

7. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

You won't find a lot of LCO owners to give up that kind of information. Did you ask your Doctor what he made last year?

8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Stay in school kid and get an education. There is alway an average. Just because you can't calculate it doesn't mean there isn't one. I think they teach that in 11th grade math.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yes It depends on your location and what type of lawns your after.

I dont do 1/4 acer lots....

most of mine are around the 125-200.00 a cut.

10. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member