1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Average number of lawn with 200 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HazellLawnCare, Apr 23, 2005.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

On average how many lawns can you spray blanket apps with a 200 gallon tank. I know it varies so much with your rate of app, and size of lawn I'm just looking for your alls averages.
  2. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

About 200,000 square feet.

My average lawn size is 18,000.

So, about 10 lawns.

But on my city routes, they average 7,000 so then I can do 25 lawns.

1 gallon per 1000 square feet. Not tough math.

3. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Enviro, are using a chemlawn gun at that rate? Or a wand? I have tried to spray at 1 gal with chemlawn gun with blue (1.5gal) tip and do not like the spray pattern at that low of rate. I am now spraying 1.5 gal per K and am ok with the pattern. I am thinking about switching over to a wand at 1 gal per 1000 though. If there was a 1 gal spray tip for the chemlawn gun I would try it.

4. Enviro Green

Yellow tip
    2 gpm
  5. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

What are you applying? Herbicide? Post? Pre? Fertilizer? Fertilizer apps. using a double overlap technique is hard to get below 3 gal./1000 sq. ft. with a yellow nozzle Chemlawn. Without the double overlap (spraying back to your footprints) you'll have streaking for sure. So your 200 gals = 60K in with that technique. Edge to edge with yellow should get you in the 2 gal. range, which should be okay for post or pre herb. You'll cover about 100K that way. Neal
  6. Enviro Green

Edge to edge with about 10 inches overlap, using flags on ends to keep lines straight, yellow tip for post broadleaf herbs.

Also do fert the same with no streaking, but am gettin away from it due to price increases here in slow realse N liquid such as coron and nitro 30, up past 8.00 gallon.

Going to granular with liquid herbs, taking more itme, but saving money in product, but Neal, I am open to suggestions....

7. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Enviro Green, P.M. me please and we'll chat a bit. Neal
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That's what I use, so I can treat 100,000 sq ft with a 200 gallon tank. I can usually treat 15-20 lawns a day, if I am blanket spraying. It will all depend on the size of lawns you have to treat.

GREENITUP LawnSite Member

133,000S/F @1.5 GAL PER MINUTE (1.5 GAL. PER 1000S/F). This is rounds 1 & 2 (pre-em, 3-way, urea). We average about 15-20 stops a day where properties are spread out .