1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Average price for a 4 acre residential lawn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AboveTheCut, Apr 13, 2005.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I would like to be competitive but don't want to be too high or too low. I know obstructions come into play here to but I'm just trying to get a rough number in my head before I actually go look at the yard.

2. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

i have 8 yards that have 4 acres
    i charge $125 / yards
    but, i have gravely pm 260, 60" gas & diesel mowers
    takes about 2 hrs to mow, trim, blow etc...............
    payup payup payup payup
  3. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Well thats tough to say. Is there alot of trimmimg involved? What does the terrain look like? any trees, any hills, any wet lands. Did they have a previous service? If so what were they charging? If they did have a lawn service why arn't they servicing them anymore? Sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk but you have to know all the variables that are involved. Each property is going to be be different. Go out there look at the property with the owner feel them out see what their needs are. Walk around the property inspect for damage. If you find some point it out to the owner. Then you should be able to make your decision from there. When I picked up my biggest customer I actually went up in $10.00 in price compared to the previous guy this is after he told my how much he was paying the previous guy. Good luck and let us know how you made out
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have a number in that exact size...I get from $200 - $225 and do them with a 325D Toro Groundsmaster (72" deck).
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I bid a average 3 acre yard around here for $75 for mowing, trimming, and blowing and people around here think thats too high.
  6. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

$50.00 an acre +$50.00 weedeat and blow off :sleeping:
  7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Around here it's $45 per acre for lawns up to 5 acres. After that the price drops to $40 per acre.

You'll get different price quotes from different areas of the country. Florida is one of the lowest price states for mowing, but we are seeing some upward price movement lately.