Average price for irrigation system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by capecodlawns, May 29, 2012.

1. capecodlawns

capecodlawns LawnSite Member

Was checking to see the average price for irrigation in Ma.My customer has 24,000 square foot yard, flat, average quote has 11 zones is around $ 900.00 zone , with all hunter heads , hunter timer and that includes the plumbing and backflow. Do this sound hi?

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nope. What's the warranty, does that include all adjustments the first season and winterize? Always many questions about the lowballers.

3. capecodlawns

1 Year warrenty, startup, No winter blowout, I would have to do that.

4. That sound you heard was texans banging their head on a table while crying. 900/zone? SWEEEET

5. capecodlawns

Does that seem hi or low??

6. Mike Leary

11 zones: Hunter I-20/ Rainbird 5000 rotors for turf. RB 1800 12" SAM heads for plantings with W*M brass nozzles, Netafim drip for trees. Full lifetime warranty on labor, 5 years on parts, winterize first year n/c. As-built, backflow (tested upon completion), remote pigtail, sch 40 pipe, Irritrol/Weather-Matic controller with weather station,Weather-Matic valves. Contractor will maintain system after warranty. $15,000.00.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. capecodlawns

Thanks for the info. I am gonna get some more estimates.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes, a better ballpark number comes from knowing the actual property size, and assuming it gets sprinkled from corner to corner.

9. Mike Leary

Do that, and get "boiler plate" specifications. Who designed the system? How do you know 11 zones will work? :dizzy:

10. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Warranty even after he touches the system? Not here... Warranties are null and void should anybody other than me or my assigns touch the system for any reason.