Average Price of a Landscape install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by moose203, Mar 13, 2008.

1. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

I know prices vary from area to area but if you had to put a number on it what would be the average price of a basic landscape install. please don't read into it just a number. I understand figuring what i want to make an hour and all that stuff, I am just looking for some numbers.

Jason

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

If there ever was a gray question, this is it.

How in the world is this supposed to be answered. Average for what? A sodded yard or a seeded yard. Plants or no plants, pavers, concrete, or asphalt walks and drive?

1/8 acre, 1/4 acre, 1/2 acre......blah blah blah

There is no way to answer this question with any degree of certainty.

3. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

flowers mulch and shrubs- I can see this is going to get picked apart. so please if you can't give a serious number please don't bother to post. ask your self this if a customer asked you "i have 1500.00 can i get a basic landscape install" or would it be 2000.00 or 3000.00 . I don't consider sod and rock walls part of a basic landscape install. with that said with the figure you give also include what you consider a basic install

Jason

4. tamadrummer

Hopefully that $1500 is for work you are doing for yourself and not for a job you are bidding on. If it is going to be for yourself, than sure you can get a nice amount of plants and a couple of decent trees and mulch for your flowerbeds for $1500 but you will not get it installed as well. (Not much more than that though)

At least not by my company.

5. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

tramadrummer> how many installs did you do last fall-please don't waste my time if you don't have any experience as a landscape installer. did you sod a few dozen yards last year or build several 100 feet of walks and drive? see where i am going with this. with only six months in the business do you consider your self an expert in the field of landscaping to even give advice of what a basic install would be.

Jason

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

8k-12k nice little install

7. tamadrummer

This is 6 months in my own company fruitcake....

And regardless of the amount of installs I have done, I don't ask anyone " how much do I charge?"
    EVER

8. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

If you're talking about a basic house on a basic street, not a new development-type house.... for a front yard re-do (just front yard plant material in a "foundation" setting"), no sod, little tear up, I'd done a bunch of jobs that average 3,000-5,000. I did one last year for an agent that just needed a quick day job and that was 1400. I wouldn't go lower than that! (cut her a break on material markup)

9. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

Thank you this is the sort of common sense reply I am looking for

Jason

10. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

You're welcome. I'm used to doing smaller, cape/cottage-style homes at these prices. 2-3 day jobs for me. I've also bid on large front yards for 10,000 and up into the low teens. But these are larger spaces- still foundation landscapes but only larger. As said, a million factors are at play- customer budget, soil conditions, material size you prefer to deal with, irrigation, paver walks, etc. ...