Average Price of a Landscape install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by moose203, Mar 13, 2008.

1. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

As usual some one that wants to pick apart every thing. did i say i am planting x-amount of flowers, x-amount shrubs and x-amount of mulch then say how much do i charge. no i didn't, i know what to charge for my area i am doing a bit of research ...this is a public forum and i can't keep you from posting but do me a favor and don't, it is clear you want behave like a child and nit-pick and name calling, please act your age and be respectful. I do not care to get in a pissing match so don't bother

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I was respectful and gave you a fair answer. I did not bid your job for you.

I stick to my answers and believe them to be correct!
  3. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Basic is the key term here.....

The lowest I did an install for was one of good customers. She just had a pool installed with sidewalks all around it. I did 2 basic mirror beds on two back corners ( Center Crepe with dianthus and daylillies) and then one side bed by a fence with River rock and Knock Outs. I just charged her 20% markup on materials, and the job was $1700.

That is about as basic as I want to get. I usually do small jobs on my commercials totaling around $4-8k. But those are just little projects that are just a piece of a bigger picture.

Hope this helps.
  4. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I think we are getting a little touchy here. Tamadrummer is right that there are so many variables. Normal is what you are used to rather than the same thing to everyone.

What is a normal sized house? 3,000 Sf or 900 sf? What is a normal yard - 1/4 acre or 2 acres? What is a normal landscape? six foundation plants and 9 perennials or 140 shrubs, 8 trees, and 90 perennials?

It depends what you are used to. That depends on where you live to some degree. Who you interact with is another. New contruction versus rehabs changes things, too.

An average house in my area is $400k-$600k, about 2,500 SF, and on 1 acre, . An average new landscape on one of those will run $30k-$60k depending on hardscape. A house in my neighborhood will run $250k-$300k, about 1,000 sf, on a quarter acre. I don't think any have had a professional landscaper rehab any in at least 10 years, but a landscape similar to the ones these got would run $3k-$6k to rehab with new plants and some lawn renovation. There are waterfront homes nearby that sell for 3 or 4 million that get demoed and replaced with a couple million more dollars spent. Those landscapes can run from $200k to a million depending on amenities. The sky is the limit, really.

Normal means different things to different people. I don't think anyone was trying to be a jerk here.
  5. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

will only look at the 4000 and up We have a few people here who are doing a brand new lawn for 900.00 I would rather work for walmart as a greater than lower my price and my standards.
  6. moose203

moose203 LawnSite Member

in my first post i said i know it depends on your area, what would a basic install be for your area?. every installer has a idea of what he considers a basic install it may be 25k for your area i don't know. i am not bidding a job. this is research for some thing. the number i used was just a number nothing more and no not enough to cover what i consider a basic install. just use a common sense approach to your answer

7. Coopster81

Coopster81 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I normally Charge anywhere from 2300.00 to 4000.00 for basic install....that includes Sod removal / bed prep , Plant material , And mulch...And cleanup!! And i include a one yr warrenty on all of my plants and i only warrenty seed and sod if they have irrigation installed!!!!Ohhh and i also try to sell them on month to month service...like tree and shrub trim , Fertilizing ,Bed weed control ,Plant insect control and turning of the mulch to keep looking fresh....and that normally on a 3000 install will run about 150.-300 monthly!!
  8. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Then the answer is $200k including the pool.

FIREPOWER LawnSite Member
    from SW Ont

Average home with average size front yard install with new beds,plants,mulch etc....about $2000-$5000. around here.
  10. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

We recently finished up doing 8 installs in a new development. Most of them had around 8000sq ft. of sod, 6 zones, and plants. The average price on these installs was $8500. I would consider those the average around here even though they are $500,000 houses. I just completed another with no irrigation in the same area and they cut down on the number of plants in my design and it was $4800. I would say for the average yard around here you are looking at $3-8000.

I have a customer that has spent $800,000 on their lake house and $1.2 million on their full time residence.