Average price per head

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Jul 4, 2013.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i've heard of others in my area doing it this way, only around here it's more around $500/ zone, not 100% sure if that includes controller and back flow...i've never heard of the $100/head, but that makes sense, each zone is usually 5 heads, for rotors at least

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I personally do everything but time and materials. I don't like charging per zone
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

If I could get 700-900 per zone I would be a bazillionare. My company installs between 70 and 120 zones a week... 900x120= 108,000 cha freakin Ching baby
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

My boss flat rates per zone. No two jobs are the same and what you install can be different based on pressure, flow, and customer income :dancing:

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

that's a great point, some systems can only get 4 heads, others can get 8...that's twice as many heads, twice as much line, and twice as much digging/labor

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I have a good story about a irrigation contractor who signed the papers before he took a reading

He thought he knew the neighborhood and the water it had.

On install day he shows up takes his reading finds a whopping 2.5 gpm at 20 lbs.

He had to install 14 zones on a small lot that should of been 4 at the most

I wonder what his price per head was for that job
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats as bad as using google earth to bid jobs by square footage without knowing a water source. I heard a customer ask last week "why is it called a doublecheck?" The answer I heard from the "bidder" in our company was "because it it had one check it would be called a singlecheck" <facepalm>

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

pricing is way different across the board for sure. i know what we charge, but i wont discuss price on here.

9. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I really appreciate the input, and I totally agree it does vary by area/site data/etc.
    Once again I'm not interested in what you specifically are charging, that's your business not mine. I was mainly looking to see if I could find a point of reference or an average, and I think I have a pretty good feel for it now.

10. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

*&6ost like this that influence me to believe the stock market will infact continue to rise over time.

for all it is worth: I used to to try to "think of" and add up as many profits as possible.

Now I do the same, but with expenses instead. and lo and behold.... it gives me a cozy-buzz.