Average prices?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ubirajara83, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

Looking for an average pricing list from all of you on a complete lawn maintenace for 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 acre lots which include mowing, average hedge, trimming, edging, blowing and spraying for weeds. Please help so i can stay competitive and not low ball.
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search for pricing info you will find what you looking for it has been discussed many times before. Keep in mind prices very a great deal depending on what part of the country you live in.
  3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

call someone out to your house for an estimate and see what they say.....

just go out and give estimates and say what your market will bear. Looks like you already have the equipment, so you must have some idea about pricing....
  4. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

yes i have the equipment but feel like im charging too little
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

what does your business plan say you need to charge per hour to generate, profit.... that is what you charge, its different in every state, county , town, and company...
  6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do u charge by the cut or monthly? I know a couple of years age an acre would be approx 55 per cut. i dont know about now. How many cuts do provide. Ask a local LCO in your area then you will get a better indication.
  7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

you know how to tell if you charge too little? if you get every job you bid on...

If you think you charge too much then bump your price. Do some estimates that are higher then normal and see what kind of reaction you get. That is what I do, especially in the summer. I start high, if they take it great, if not ask them what they expected to pay. Most of the time the people will tell you what they will pay.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think if you suspect your price is too low, it probably is :)
    Try going up a little, it can't hurt.