1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Average Revenue from 3 man crew

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green430, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Green430

Green430 LawnSite Member

Just wondering how much revenue a three man crew is producing for any of you. Just maintenance, not any installs. How many hours to produce that amount.

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

3 man crew....9hrs...20-25 lawns $900-$1000/day
    2 guys on Walkers & one trimmer/blower
  3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

3 man crew about 800.00 for 6-7 hours. That time is part drive time.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Depends...$950 - $1150 or it isn't worth having the 3rd person.
  5. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Don't use 3 men crews. My 2 man crew averages 18-24 lawns in an 8 hour day and pulls in $800-$1000 a day. The third guy is a waist. Have him out doing other stuff instead.
  6. rodfather

Whoa...$400 - $500 per man/day. Must be a tight route all close to one another with no windshield time. Small lawns (18-24) too I gather?

Somebody is making some serious dinero:D
  7. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I have found that the more men the more inefficient the team becomes. A one man crew can say do 12 lawns in a day, you would be lucky for a 2 man crew to do 20 and a 3 man crew to do 25. Of course it all depends on windshield time (mostly) and how well the goup works together. You figure a 10 min drive with 3 guys is .5 man hours with nothing coming in to show for it. That can really add up fast.
  8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

yeah, if you believe everything you read.
    I do agree that unless the lawns are quite large, a 3rd person would be a waste.
  9. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Very believable, that sounds alot like us. We have many areas where we have 4-5 houses in a row. I does not take long to knock them out like that, and we use the 21's on several of those lawns.
  10. rodfather

Maybe the key here (when running a 3-man crew) is to have 2 guys just mowing and 1 to do all the trimming and blowing. And if you can (?), the person doing the trimming and blowing doesn't have to be paid the same as the other 2.

Dunno...just thinking out loud.