Avg. Cost difference between 52 vs 61

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CoastalCreationsNJ, Dec 11, 2013.

1. CoastalCreationsNJ

CoastalCreationsNJ LawnSite Member

I am about to go price out some Scag V Rides and Exmark Vantage X... Just curious if anyone can give me an idea of the avg. price difference between the two different sizes? Am I looking at a major jump in price for a 61' I've never priced a 61 before. Thanks for the help!

2. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Shouldn't be major but it will be an increase.... I find that this is one of those things where you might be able to work with your dealer a little bit... Don't as me why... But when I haggle over the unit itself I rarely get a budge... Start talking deck sizes and there seems to be some leeway... Just my 2

3. Behring

Behring LawnSite Member
    Male, from NW Iowa

Just updated to a couple grandstands. Bought a 52 and a 61, paid 650 more for the 61.

4. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like 6719$ for the 52" vride or 6799$ for the 61" vride if you buy in January you can get fleet pricing for 1 unit.

5. CoastalCreationsNJ

CoastalCreationsNJ LawnSite Member

Baily if you don't mind me asking, did you find that at scag.com or through your local dealer?

6. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I copied the price sheets for the year, they will usually let you look at them. I was doing some serious looking this year at turf tigers.