1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Avg. Cost difference between 52 vs 61

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CoastalCreationsNJ, Dec 11, 2013.

1. CoastalCreationsNJ

CoastalCreationsNJ LawnSite Member

I am about to go price out some Scag V Rides and Exmark Vantage X... Just curious if anyone can give me an idea of the avg. price difference between the two different sizes? Am I looking at a major jump in price for a 61' I've never priced a 61 before. Thanks for the help!

2. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Shouldn't be major but it will be an increase.... I find that this is one of those things where you might be able to work with your dealer a little bit... Don't as me why... But when I haggle over the unit itself I rarely get a budge... Start talking deck sizes and there seems to be some leeway... Just my 2

3. Behring

Behring LawnSite Member
    Male, from NW Iowa

Just updated to a couple grandstands. Bought a 52 and a 61, paid 650 more for the 61.

4. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like 6719$ for the 52" vride or 6799$ for the 61" vride if you buy in January you can get fleet pricing for 1 unit.

5. CoastalCreationsNJ

CoastalCreationsNJ LawnSite Member

Baily if you don't mind me asking, did you find that at scag.com or through your local dealer?

6. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I copied the price sheets for the year, they will usually let you look at them. I was doing some serious looking this year at turf tigers.