Avg. Fert. Price per 1000k

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by adaptivehomeservices, Dec 5, 2006.

1. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I am in the midwest and am just curious what others are charging for granular and liquid fert per 1,000 sq. ft....labor & materials.

Thanks in advance!

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It ALLLL depends on where you're at.

3. adaptivehomeservices

from Midwest

I realize that...but am asking for people to share pricing for their locations.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That is sooo true. You first need to check out your local suppliers & get an idea of what your product cost will be. Check w/ your insurance & make sure you are covered there too because you will need that to get your applicators license & to cover you if something ever goes wrong. Finally, I would recommend calling a few of the larger companies & get some bids for their services. I think I used my grandmas lawn when I did it 6 years ago. Unfortunately there are so many people doing this work that our chemical prices have only increased a little since we started.

5. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i charge around $39 per app. 5 times a year for a 5,000 sq ft lawn. bump it about $5 per 1,000 after.

like everyone else said though, it all depends on your costs. scott's and some of the big name companies can price cheaper, but they obviously don't give the customer service that a smaller company can. just have your family get estimates from a few local companies. that will give you a base on what to go with.

6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

How hard is it for you to just put a number down! Stop running your mouth/fingers. He asked what you are charging per 1000 sqft. All he wants is a number from you. And that number will include all your expences. Just give him a number.

7. adaptivehomeservices

from Midwest

I know the licensing requirements for my state, I have a lesco account, I know my costs, I know my labor rate....I just simply wanted to know what others were charging for ferts based on their area. Its that simple of a question.

Its funny how a simple question becomes small business 101.

8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

You will see this all the time in here. You ask a question and never get an answer. It all "You gotta know your cost, Whats your labor rate, Blah Blah Blah. it depends on location". I wish some of these guys would get there heads out of there A$$ and simply answer a question. I HATE the "do a search" answer. If the person takes time to read your question and takes time to respond to it, or try to, then atleast give an answer to the question

9. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

$30.00 for the first 3000 and 3.50 for each additional 1000. Can vary slightly due to slope and amount of landscaping.

10. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

7.50 per 1000 for lawns 10K and under.($40.00) min
    6.75 for lawns over 10K.
    I do not spray Fertilizer, just granular.
    I do spray weed control.