1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Avg Gross Income

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by sgallaher, Feb 19, 2006.

Avg Gross (pre tax, expenses) Income

1. $0 - $100,000

286 vote(s)
  2. $100,001 - $250,000

77 vote(s)
  3. $250,001 - $500,000

30 vote(s)
  4. $500,001 - $700,000

13 vote(s)
  5. $700,001 +

22 vote(s)
  1. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

Just to see the average gross income for the LCO's on this site.
  2. gabfer

gabfer LawnSite Member

3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

This year, '06, my company has jumped from the high $200K to the low $400K.
    Growth is possible, yet sustained growth is very wearing.
    Two more years than broker time. Off to the college classroom after a couple months of traveling with the bird dog, hunting, wenching and total enjoyment!
  4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I think we just did this a couple of months ago. I am at 400-K for 05
  5. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

i thoought the gross would be a lot higher im in second year and grossing around 100k already i guess i must be doing something right if im doing that at 21 just off of maintenance
  6. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Hello JJ,if you think you got good control of your maintance accounts, stop growing that, and start chaseing after the more profitable work[ landscape installs, chemical applications,lawn renovations, trim/shapeing]......you should be able to double last years gross since your expenses should be relative now......a thing to remember is, now is the time you should upgrade your equipment....if your useing WB's get velkys, a power renovator/seeder, a power sprayer,a leaf loader.........see if you can reduce your maintance days due to increased efficiancy.....use your spare days to increase your gross [ but not with maintance].......Keep up the good work:usflag:
  7. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

This is my Second year Full time and we are looking to be about the $200,000 range. Maintenance and Some install, All jobs under 5k. But you learn quick, materials and labor add up, and somehow you dont have anymoney in your pocket.
  8. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

this is my 1st full year and i am looking right now, at 12K profit. if all goes well.
  9. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Things are going down the tubes here as we now have another out of town guy coming here to underbid all of our commercial accounts and he is still in business 3 years later. He has taken 2 of mine away now as well as several others from other people. I have been told that he did not have to pay for his truck, equipment or trailer. I was told that it was paid for by a couple grants geared toward displaced workers from the timber industry. He has decent equipment and he does ok work although he is not living up to his contracts yet due to his rates being a third of others and almost half of mine they keep him? Figure that out! Well I am positive that my gross won't even be close to $50K this year. I think I am going to have to practice saying "do you want fries with that"
  10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Truefully Gross doesn't mean squat. Net is the whole can of beans. I could sell 1 million dollar landscape packages and only net 3 cents after labor and materials. Net is the key. Gross 100000 and net 90000, excelent.... Gross 100000 and net 10000, well lets say you would be better off flippin the burgs.