1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Award winning photographer

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by RLI Electric, Oct 1, 2010.

1. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

Can I call myself an award winning photographer now? We have a fair in my town that is the states largest fair. I submitted a photo per my wifes suggestions so we can get "exhibitor" ticket prices. We volunteer for local service organizations so we are there all 4 days. That adds up when you are paying to get into the fair. Nevertheless, I picked one of the photos I took of a job I did and I won a blue ribbon. So the question remains, am I an "Award winning photographer"?

Finnerty,Hayes first day of school 030-1.jpg

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, since you have won an award, I guess the answer to your question is pretty obvious.
    :)

Were you the only entry in the "night time images" category?

3. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I was the only image for that category. I am the winner with a blue ribbon and seven bucks to prove it. I am going to get half a pizza with my winnings.

4. Terradek

Terradek LawnSite Member

Bob,
    To be sure, you are an award winner...i would just leave out the part about being the only entry. I would also encourage you to submit this and others photos to the AOLP Design awards program www.aolponline.org . To be a winner in the AOLP program is an award to be proud of, I have heard rumors that this year's winners will be published in a respected national magazine. No $$ though, so the whole pizza is on you.