Awesome Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Synergy Ground, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Hey guys lets see some of you're creative ads that you have run in your local papers/yellowpages etc.... I have seen some pretty neat ads in our area and just thought it would make a good post for comments, as we;ll as give some fresh ideas for others. I know their are some great minds out there, lets see some awsome ads.

2. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Here are some I have used that worked well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice flyer, but the SUV totally killed it, a pickup would have been way better.

4. LonniesLawns

from KS

Here are a few more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

That's what I was looking for. Man those are great. Very nice.

6. jessica.elder

jessica.elder LawnSite Member

Nice cool set up

7. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Do you actually use that SUV for work? I would have at least borrowed a truck from a friend or even shelled out the money to rent one before taking pics. Everything you have looks so professional and the SUV sticks out like a sore thumb.

8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I disagree, I assume from the picture he has employees driving the trucks to do the work and he is using the SUV to do estimates, which is a more fuel efficient vehicle. This gives the impression of a bigger business. I don't know what the real situation is but that is my perception and I am probably in his demographic for his ideal customer.

9. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I dont belive a customer would think that much into it. Those are a lot of assumptions to make based on a picture. Especially since it shows him doing work in the pictures. No employees in the pics. In my experience people are more likely to come to the most likely and simplest conclusion. In this case he looks like a small time operation, doing this on the side. I am not saying anything is wrong with that because that is what he is, but a homeowner looking for a professional company might not consider him for that reason.

10. LonniesLawns

from KS

Thats funny -- borrowed a truck for the picture.

Lawn care and landscaping is not a side business for me and the truck is the "office" vehicle used for running estimates, checking on jobs and running errands. My work truck is a 3/4 ton silverado. When I ran market tests -- the advertisement with the SUV scored very high conveying the message I was trying to convey.

In reality, I am not a huge fan of that ad and only ran it for a couple months. I think it put too much focus on the vehicle -- when the focus should be on what is important to the customer.