Awkward situation-Echo SRM 230

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Feb 4, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

My mom got me a Echo SRM trimmer for my birthday, I asked her where she got it hoping it was one of the local mower places being Im not aware of the echo lineup and she said home depot;) ... uh oh, what do I do now? It is the biggest one that HD carries but still, there are 9 larger models... plus I need one to take attatchments, like power broom. What Im thinking is, Ill get a commercial Echo and hope H depot will take back the little one w/out a reciept and my mom wont recognize the differance, what do you think?

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a commercial model. Same exact one from the dealer. Keep it and buy a hand held blower.

3. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Keep it and enjoy!

4. TOOLSHACK

TOOLSHACK LawnSite Member

The SRM-230 is a commercial trimmer. It is the EXACT same model that you will find in your local ECHO dealer's shop for the same price. Difference is.. the dealer will be able to answer questions, help you, and get parts... Home Depot's employees typically don't know s/!t.

You got a good trimmer...enjoy it. Buy the rest of your stuff from your local dealer and build a good relationship with them.

5. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

oh, cool, thanks, I was told H.D. was all home owner grade stuff

6. flying_a

flying_a LawnSite Member

I have one and it works great. Keep it!

7. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

hey man, that's a great birthday present! Keep it!

(or give it to me and buy a 280T :) )