1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ax Men

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by coopers, Mar 17, 2008.

1. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

If anyone likes logging there's a great show on the history channel Sundays at 10 called Ax Men. It's a great show, like the deadliest catch show on discovery, really interesting.

JUST FYI. :)
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I just watched 2 episodes, so rad. I'd totally go logging if I had nothing else going on. I'd set choker, whatever, just seems like a real kick in the pants. It'd be really lame if there wasn't the chance of death, keeps it interesting.
  3. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

lol, yeah...I like what I do better. :drinkup: But it's interesting and I give them a round of applause for the work they do for me and everyone else.
  4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I love that show. Every time they have a serious setback though (equipment/labor) it stresses me out as if it were my problem :dizzy:.
  5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I am the same way, I watch shows and I get into them too much were I have a hard time sleeping wondering how to fix a problem and it is all on TV. I am a dummy I guess.:hammerhead:
  6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

i rank it up there with Deadliest catch, dirtiy jobs, and Cops. and a few of the other shows on Tru TV...

I could not get into the other shows like, lobster men or ice road truckers. I think its getting to a point now that its getting be a show where they put a greenhorn with a only guy just to piss off the old guy and get the ranting raving and cussing going on...

I'd do deadliest catch before I go logging...I think I'd rather die by drowning, than lose a leg or an arm...
  7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

its my new favorite show!!!!!! next in line is dirty jobs.
  8. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

They make all these shows with way to much drama, but I guess with out it no one would watch the shows, Ice Road Truckers was way to much drama, it made it look like these guys were the only one's driving when in reality there were hundreds of trucks out there. i mostly laugh about the bull*** on these shows, but there much better than regular reality T.V.
  9. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

What about "build it bigger" on the science channel? I also like Ax man. Then its dirty jobs and you can't forget mythbusters!
  10. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I like Modern Marvels on the history channel. They show you allot of cool stuff in the truck and equipment world that normally you wouldn't ever get a chance to see.