1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Azalea Feeding Program and products

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by OkieLawnBoy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. OkieLawnBoy

OkieLawnBoy LawnSite Member

Guys,

I run a full service Lawn and Landscape company and we're beginning to upsell customers on an Azalea feeding program. We've been applying Macron 20-20-20 water soluble plus chelated iron but we'd like to find a product more suited to azaleas and preferably something with sulfur to lower the soil pH. Do you know of any commercially viable products that you recommend? I'm not interested in overpriced MiracleGro products; they work but are too costly to apply on a big scale. I've also used PHC 3-4-4 for Azalaeas which I really liked but John Deere Landscapes recently quit offering the product, so I'm wondering if anybody knows a vendor that might ship a product like that.

Also, are any of you offering a similar service? We're pricing ours at $139 per 1,000 sq ft but would like to hear if anybody has other methods of pricing this service. We considered linear feet, but too many accounts have azaleas clumped together, so square footage has been the easier measurement. Also, we're applying by soil injection now because it's typically safer and more effective than foliar sprays, but I'd like to know what type of results you've experienced with different methods of application.

Thanks for any advice you can give! -Kyle

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

With our full service this work is included their is no up sell. So cost of this fert procedure is automatically recovered