1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Azomite

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by 7mtnsod, Jan 6, 2006.

1. 7mtnsod

7mtnsod LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever used Azomite to replenish mineral deficiencies in soils/turf?

2. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

Lets try this one again, any info out there?:confused:

3. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

I have never used it, but the principle is sound. Azomite is supposed to contain just about all the nutrients from a to z, hence the name azomite. The whole principle is that the material contains the nutrients in a balanced amount as they would be found in a analysis of a healthy plant or animal. I have never seen a chemical analysis of the material. A Dr. Maynard did a lot of reseach on materials from desalted sea water. Which is supposely where the Azomite comes from. In his studies, the nutrients are in a crystalode state, which is smaller than a collodial size nutrient, and more readly availabe to plant uptake. Azomite is petrifide (for lack of a better word) settlements from salt water mined from the ground and has to be groundup into a miconized size, usually 10 micron or smaller to provide similar effects as the saltwater materials. How well the material actually works, I havent a clue.

4. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]