B & B Spreader Carriers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to buy one of these spreader carriers For the front of my Truck.Was Just wondering how difficult they are to mount.

2. BILLsLAWN

BILLsLAWN LawnSite Member
    from indiana

do you have a web site for b&b or a contact

3. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

never heard of it, I use one that goes in my receiver hitch.

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually talked to them yesterday, and they said you can mount the carrier with a floor jack with one guy after you get used to the hitching/unhitching. Sounds like a good deal and no one has anything negative to say about the product, much like the Z-spray...

6. b-green

b-green LawnSite Member

I've got their spreader carriers for both the push spreader and the perma green ride-on. I've got 2001' 2500hd chevys and b & b makes a receiver for you that just bolts onto the frame of the truck in the front, for the push spreader. The carrier itself just slides into that receiver and is easy to take off if we don't need it. The receiver stays on the truck. The rear carrier for the perma green just slides into the existing receiver hitch. Once you get use to the push spreader being on the front of the truck, you'll wonder how you operated without it, they're awesome and well worth having. What's is really nice is that the push spreader can still have fertilizer left in it when it's being hauled to the next job site and it can't spill, and you never have to physically lift it to load it. Their number is 800-847-9865, ask for Bill (owner)

7. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

what did the PG carrier cost you (from B&B) in comparrison to the actual carrier rack from Perma Green that is around 800-900 dollars?

8. b-green

b-green LawnSite Member

I've had a couple of the carriers for about 4 years now, but I think then they where around 700.00, but I know metal has gone up with everything else.

9. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they're 850 shipped until the end of the year and from what I was told, PG is selling the B&B carriers next year.

10. lawnrich

lawnrich LawnSite Member

how much for the front mount unit can u put 2 on the front
    thanks lawnrich