B&B tree install..

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by wannago, Sep 26, 2007.

1. wannago

wannago LawnSite Member

what are some of you guys getting for putting in 32'' b&b trees? just the labor only...i am located about 15 minutes from charlotte...thanks

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

tree type? i always tell people 2.5 the cost of the tree and milage for tree and installation, it would get progressively less for multiple installs since the tractor(s) and truck(s) are there. speaking of which give me a hollar if you need some b&b we got bunches, and probably better priced then charlotte. Have a great season!

3. wannago

wannago LawnSite Member

thanks for the response! i will keep you in mind for the trees.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

-Hey Tom........what you got? You travel/truck'em? I have about a lot of trees going in on one job, 4" Maples, 14' Cryptomeria, Oaks, Crape Myrtle, Sweet Gum, Black Gum.......I can always use such trees. Sorry to jack your thread.

2.5 is safe. Take into account the location of the job and the job site conditions (access), stone, soils etc and charge accordingly.

Often, I do x2 + tax + 10% + conditions = price.......conditions are the kicker that make or break the bank......that x2 could become x5 for example.

5. BrandonV

i know they (the nursery, I work mostly the landscape crew) has the maples, cryptos too, do have the oak depending on species you want, plenty of big and small crapes, might have some sweet gums, but I'm guessing you want the new balless one which I don't think we have, and i think negatory on the black gum

6. BrandonV

we do have a 50" spade so if you want something tell em to dig em w/ that and though heavier nothing ever dies 336.857.2131 ask for Jim or Madavan

7. dhenterprises

dhenterprises LawnSite Member

I grow trees in my own fields and sell bare root, b&b and potted trees. My field trees are in the 1" to 3-1/2 inch range.

It is my understanding that around me the nurseries are asking the equivalent of the tree price for delivery and planting. In other words a $300.00 tree adds $300 to deliver and plant for a total of $600.00. I would love to be able to charge 2.5x for my trees ($300.00 for tree and $450.00 for planting?), but are others really getting that?

I offered planting for my bare root trees this spring at $30.00 per tree and only had one taker - a little grandma that looked at me with those cute eyes and said I understood it was $30.00 to come plant both trees. Yea, I relented and planted both of them for her - softy huh? Grin.

8. BrandonV

thats about right, consider the fuel and time it takes to send a crew out

9. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

here I would charge 300 bucks labor period !!big trees = big hole an alot more work !! se ya George

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

lol, well figure

$300 jap maple in 5 gallon pot you now get $300 for about 30 minutes of work, thats great! lol

but how about if its 3 cheapy big $100 trees, now your only getting the same $300 for three larger trees?

I guess its about right though and like someone else said, more of them the less you have to charge since all the machines are already onsite.