[B]Fastrak 48 - Kawasaki or Kohler 19 hp[B/]

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DES2147, Dec 1, 2007.

1. DES2147

DES2147 LawnSite Member

I have decided to buy a FasTrak 48. Should I go with the Kawasaki or Kohler 19 hp? :confused:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Commercial use or home use?
    Commercial I would go with the Kawasaki, home use I would consider the Kohler, but if had the extra money I would go with the Kawasaki likely.
    The Kohler is a single cylinder residential grade engine, the Kawasaki is a v-twin commercial engine.

Pj

3. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

i'd go the extra mile and get kawaski engine,, great -engine,, plenty of power, and you will never go back to the home-owner-type,, i have a friend that has a super Z with 900hr's,,still going strong,, just remember keep your oil an filter changed about every 50 to 60 hr's, and check your air filter,too !!!,it should give u year's of good service,,,

4. jimceez

jimceez LawnSite Member
    from PA

As a Fastrak owner, I have the 18 hp Honda and it is a terrific engine. Easy to maintain and it never bogs down.

Can't go wrong with any of them. Go luck and hope you join the Hustler family!

5. DES2147

DES2147 LawnSite Member

Thanks to all. I've ordered with the Kawi.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Great to hear !!
    Welcome to the family !!

7. Diamondjim

Diamondjim LawnSite Member

There was a promotional some time back that if you use Kawasaki oil, they doubled the engine warranty. Might be worth checking into although you probably will never need it.

I have a small yard but I wouldn't part with my 18 (Honda) /44 Fastrak. JB

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can buy Hustler Super Oil from the Hustler dealer when you get a new unit and it will add 2 years to your engine warranty.