[B]Gravely pm44 reviews?[/B]

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jestermg, Jun 22, 2004.

1. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

Gravely pm44 reviews?

I own a Gravely 160 Z and love it. Now I am looking into the new pm44's. with the manual lift and 17 horse motor. Any one demo this model or own one that can tell my your opinions on it? thanks :jester:

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i've got the 144 and cant decide if i like it or not

dealer sucks...Already wore out the center spindle..90 hours.

trevor. Once that gets fixed the cut is great and so is the speed..BUMPY RIDE

trevor

3. FreshCuts

FreshCuts LawnSite Member

I dont have any reviews on it, but I was in my dealers store sat buying a backpack blower and looked at the 44z and the 144z. they have a new 144 with manual lift deck and a 17kaw for $4999. Its only $400 more than the 44z and its on a larger frame. I have been well pleased with the 260z I have now and looking at possibly adding a smaller mower later. I hope to demo one soon.

4. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

freshcuts that is the one I am taking about the new 44 with manual lift but on the bigger frame.

On the 160 I agree a good cut but bumpy if you are not mowing a football field!

my dealer has the new 44s for 4900.00 thats in arkansas.

5. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

Trevor,

Don't the Gravely's brag they have maintenance free spindles and warranty them for 2 years?

And who was the dealer by the way?

6. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

I cant speak for trevor , but I think he means the center caster on the deck.

I had to replace the left caster on my 160 last week after 260+ hours on it. the dang thing sheared in half.....I surely didn't hit something with it ;-)

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

trevor also bought the demo model too which probably went through alot of abuse. im demoing a 17hp 144z on thursday. but im looking to buy the 19hp 144z