B/P Blower Shindaiwa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Feb 8, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys wondering if the Shindaiwa EB 630 would be worth the cost its going for $499 plus tax at my dealer is that a good price? Right now I am just using a cheap handheld and want a b/p for this coming season. I also looked at the stihl br420. I tried both out. Will either of these have enough power to do leaves if it is the only blower I am using?

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

the 630 is fine for leaves. i have the br 420, i think i would have been better off with the 630-much more power IMO.

3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Try the Echo PB-650....

much more power than the Shindaiwa plus a 2 year commercial warranty

4. greensideup

greensideup LawnSite Member

The EB 630 is selling for $429 here, but at my dealer's annual pro day, it will be $399. Worth every dollar if you ask me. That's all we use. I demo'd both for a week. Both my crew & I prefer the shindaiwa over the echo. It's lighter and more powerful. Just my experience. Ask your dealer if you can demo each of them before u buy. SCOTT

5. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

i'll have one by the end of the week...will post opinions then :cool2:

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

EB 630, it even blows elm leaves out of the street that have been rained on for a week and are glued to the pavement.

7. thill

thill LawnSite Member

We have 4 of the Shin EB500 and love them. No failures and they have mucho power.

The warranty is also 2 years - commercial use.

I can't speak for the others.

Since 90% our our hand helds are Shindaiwa, I might be a bit slanted toward them.

Tom

8. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

:) Shind-630 best blower ive ever had, ive got the echo 650 and my 630 is 5yrs old and i can't tell any diff-in power...Shindaiwa is the best. JMPO always starts still on first or second pull.....Marks Mowing Service

9. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

We have 2...love them!

10. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Are there any places online I can get the Eb630 since it seems $499 at my dealer is a little much.