1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

B/S oil filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wriken, May 3, 2003.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I had this in the mechinac/repair forum but did'nt get any where with it. What do ya think??

My brother in law has a newer, b/s 20 hp OHV I/C, it does not have a filter on it, but looks like there is a place you could unscrew a cap to where a filter might go. Can I unscrew it an just put on a filter, also located by it looks to be a sending unit probably low oil. what do u think do it or not??
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what do you mean by the cap? I know on one of my 52" a smaller filter can be placed on it instead of the larger one. Same costs, just takes up less space.
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I should have taken a pic of it, but it looks like if you just had about 1/2" of a filter screwed on to where it looks like a filter would go. this cap is not a filter what so ever, looks like the end a filter screwed on, you can see a gasket between the cap and the motor block, hope this helps. hard to explain:)