B&S Twin II 16 Carb Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JHC, Jul 16, 2004.

1. JHC

JHC LawnSite Member

The B&S Twin II 16 hp. carb is flooding out. I rebuilt the carb and the fule pump but it is now getting too much fuel. Is the fuel solenoid bad? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

The fuel solenoid is just to help prevent backfiring on shut down. The correct name for it is "anti-afterfire solenoid" If fuel is pouring out onto the ground then the problem is the float and/or needle valve. They make two types of needle valves, one for pumps and one for gravity feed. The two are not interchangeable. If the flooding is a fuel feed problem then the problem is in the jets. Good luck

3. BSfixinkid

BSfixinkid LawnSite Member

I have a 14.5 BS engine and the solenoid was broken when we were repairing the carb and so trying to avoid bbuying a new one to keeps he cost down we just put in a nut and a few rubber washers then we put in a fuel shut off switch but just this morning I was using it and when I shut it off fuel that had leaked cought fire lucky a fire exstinguisher was nearby ad the fire was out before it damaged the enginethe air filter was a little melted but we were planning on repairing it anyway but we are now looking for a new Anti afterfire solenoid

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic