B Wise Ultimate Dump Trailer (Has anyone purchased one?)

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Shawns Lawns, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I am probably 48 hours from making a decision on a new dump trailer. I was wondering if anyone on this site has purchased one. If so what do you LIKE about it and what you DO NOT LIKE about it. Lastly has anyone ever purchased a 14' dump and wish they would have gotten a 16'?

Thank you in advance :usflag:

2. Shawns Lawns

from Maine

I am interested to know what other dump trailer owners think of this style of dump trailer. What are you concerns with this unit? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? What would stop you from purchasing one of these trailers? What do you think about the company? Any problems with going with a 16' instead of a 14'? This would be my first foray into the dump trailer market so please bear with my ignorance on the subject. :usflag:

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Too big for me. Too much weight and things to go wrong.

Just get a pj or similar. I'm buying a 14ft bp and a 16ft gooseneck
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

16k GVWR... pull it with a one ton or larger and you are gonna need a CDL because you will be over 26k.

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Only if truck is over 10k. Most are 10k unless it's a dually
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

I thought about a bwise trailer. The president came from bri mar not that it matters but at least he has exp building trailers. I've rented 6x10 an 12 so I thought a 7x14 would do me well when I picked mine up, I did end up with a pj, I just liked the way it was built. When I bought my trailer I had them issue a new sticker on it to say 9900 so I didn't have to register it combination weight.

7. Shawns Lawns

from Maine

Can you Please explain how that works? Also is that available for all states or just yours? Not sure what you mean by new sticker (inspection)?:usflag:

8. Monroe74

The gvw rating sticker on my trailer originally said that it was a 14 k trailer, when I bought the trailer I told the dealer that I wanted it to say 9900. He said no problem we do that all the time we will contact pj's for you and they will issue a new one it only took two days. Yes any manufacture will issue a new sticker in any state.

9. Monroe74

And by sticker it is the one with the vin and gvw rating on it either white or silver on the trailers I own

10. Shawns Lawns

from Maine

What would happen if the trailer stated over 9900lbs? Was it a cost thing? Or a drivers license thing? Here in Maine from my understanding is anything over 26,000lbs you need a CDL. Is there anything special you need to do or have if your dump trailer is over the 9900lbs? Thank Shawn