1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bac-Vac VS. Mulching

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ideallawns, Mar 22, 2002.

1. ideallawns

ideallawns LawnSite Member

I'm about to buy a new Z, My husband thinks we should purchase something with a vaccuumtoi get rid of leaves and clippings etc. I certainly prefer not using one because of the time, but am concerned about the cumulative effect of leaving the clippings/mulch on the lawn. We live in NE Florida and have just gone through the worst leaf month, March. Soil is sand. Please help me decide!!!
  2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

If mulched fine enough, the leaves or clippings will actually be beneficial to the lawn.

If you bag, then you have to get rid of the clippings. No contest in my opinion.
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

In my opinion most lawns can be mulched. I would choose a zero-turning mower with a dedicated mulching deck. I would recommend a Toro or Exmark. The mulching decks are more than the mulching kits, but the apperance is of a bagged look. There great for mulching leaves during the winter months.
    Hope this helps,
    Lovell's Landscaping