Bac Vac vs Walker

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DAR57, Sep 2, 2007.

1. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Does anyone have some experience with the Hustler Bac Vac vs the Walker GHS? What are your thoughts and opionions?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Two totally different animals....
    The Hustler with a Bac-Vac will bag when you need it to and easily with no tools convert to side discharge, no extra deck needed.
    The Hustler will be much more productive also.
    What are your bagging needs? 100% catching all the time? or 50/50, 60/40??

3. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

I have been on a Walker alot the last three weeks helping a friend out. They have their strong points and their weak points. I am not giving up my Hustler's for Walker's but would considering getting one for the vacuum. I have a collection system(Hustler brand) for my Fastrak that I bought brand new last fall and it is in the corner of the shop collecting only dust.
    My question was to find out if people have ran both a Walker and a Hustler Bac Vac to see if the bac vac can come close to the Walker. I am considering a bac vac for the Super Z if it can come close to the Walker system.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have both machines. What do you want to know in regards to each unit?

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The Bac-Vac on my 60" S/Z does a good job. It doesen't pick up sticks like my Walker will. But then again, Bac-Vac is on a 60" deck, Walker is 48" deck.

6. DAR57

DAR57 LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Basically can the Bac Vac hold a candle to the Walker GHS. I know the Walker is designed from the ground up to be a bagger, but can the bac vac system even come close to their vacuum power? I am trying to build my leaf business this fall and I have a new contract for a large condo complex and want to vacuum the first swipe around the condo's to keep grass out of the landscaping. I have a Hustler made bagging system I bought for a Fastrak but it was less than $1000(500-800?) brand new from the dealer. It wasn't my best investment. I would rather have a bac vac than buy a walker to use occasionally. Pj said the bac vac comes off rather easily? THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

For what your telling us I really think the Hustler Bac-Van will suit your needs nicely, you wont have to buy another mower.
    If you have a Walker (great mower) the rest of the year your not catching your going to be mowing a bit slower with it or not using it.
    The Super Z will work year round at a faster cutting rate.

Pj