1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lawncare4u, Nov 9, 2005.

1. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I remember a while back about a post,someone was complaing about the BAC-VAC holding only 9 bushel!They wanted a bagger that would hold aprox 13 bushel.Well I'v done my research on this and I will bet you can be more productine with a 9 bushel BAC-VAC than you can with a 13 bushel what ever brand,simply becaue you don't leave the seat to dump. If I was a beting man,I'd say you can load and dump 2 1/2 times to one when you get off the mower and dump 3 bags.Only time you get off is after loading the mower.Just venting!!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Our Bac-Vac is a proven unit, and very efficient also, many customers over the last 10 years have bought them and we sell many today and will do so into the future.

3. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

That was my complaint. There are 13.5 and 15 bushels that dump from the seat. For a 52in or smaller deck 9 bush. is OK but not for 60 in (the ZTR standard). I know two guys that went red because of 9 bush. I have a Super Z and like Hustler a lot. When something can easily be improved I feel a quality manufacturer should listen.
  4. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

As an owner/operator of 60/27 SuperZ w/ a Bac-Vac all I can say is I'm very pleased. My only complaint is that sometimes I don't check the little "full" window and end up plugging the chute. I've run Toros, Bobcats, etc w/ the PECO units on them and they might have been a couple of bushels bigger but by the time you account for running the piggyback motor (all the service, gas,etc and the amount of lost clearance) I'd just about guarantee you the Bac-Vac is more efficient (sp?). The ease of use and simplicity of design make the unit quick to use and the transport speed to the "dump area" can't be beat. I won't say that more capacity wouldn't be nice but I'd take this Z w/ 9 bushels over any other brand w/ twice that amount. BTW, no comparison in these and the 3 bagger units. If you're bagging they are great but that's it!
  5. firecapt13

firecapt13 LawnSite Member
    from NC

I bought my business this may from a friend of mine. It came with a hustler z 52" with bac vac. I love this attachment except i have hed to replace several parts on the blower. i replaced the top plate that the impeler goes through. now i think i need an impeller. i have a bad vibration in it and when i take it apart and spin impeler it appears to be out of balance. can you balance this or fix a chiped blade.
  6. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Don't be surprised to see larger baggers of some type from Hustler in the near future. This company has it together, if the need is there Hustler will bring it.
  7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Take the impeller and inspect it good.
    If it is cracked or bent, or if there is a broken weld, you need to replace it.