Back and hand held blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blairbuc, Sep 23, 2002.

1. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

In the Market for a back pack and hand held blower. In order of importance: 1) power, 2) reliability and last 3) noise supression. Anything thoughts?

2. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Come on now there have been many posts on blowers ,please dont waste our time . Research some previous posts and make your own decision.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

Yea, like nobody here has ever gone over some ground someone else thread on before. I quess your too creative for the rest of us.

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

5. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

"please dont waste our time."

What else you got pressing on your time, you are sitting in front of your computer...?

Personally I would stay away from jd. I have a jd bp40 and it is a real pain to get started. Several of the clamps holding the hose unit have come loose, and it leaks gas all over the place. Every time I go to start this machine I think ...gee only $400.00 what can you expect. Once started it does do a good job.

6. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I've only used the Stihl BR400 and I got no complaints with it. Haven't used any other brand but whatever you choose I'm sure it will get the job done.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

dont use back packs as just dont operate ina way that requires a lot of blowing.
    for the handheld,the best ive seen is the
    25 cc by craftsman[really a poulan].
    it does put out better than the high end handhelds ive seen. just use a good mix and 90 or above gas. that 25 cc motor of poulans has gained my respect for its power to wt . also it will just keep on keeping on. like anything the biggest thing is to learn the machine,and keep it adjusted an clean.ive really been curious as to why the higher end, hand helds arnt more powerful,unless they think it might cut into backpack sales.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

For Hand Helled Go Tanaka For Back Pack Go Echo 650.
    John:rolleyes:

9. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I use the br400 and love it but whatever you get i would get one with the gas trig on the tube.

10. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I have both the br400 and shindy 630? I believe. And I must say that the shindy blows the stihl away no question about it. When I got the shindy I was a little upset that the throttle wasn't on the tube but after using it I found that it doesn't really bother me at all. The shindy runs so much smoother, starts easier, and is very light. Hand helds are good for blowing grass off driveways and maybe some tight areas but if I had to get one blower I would get a bp one. There is no comparison between the two when blowing leaves.