back blade on a tractor

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jacob land and, Apr 27, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

is it posible to spread 25-30 yards of fill dirt dumped into a pile by a 10 yard dump truck with a 40hp tractor and a back blade?

2. CutRight

CutRight LawnSite Senior Member

why not. anything is possible.

3. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

yeap u can if it has not been dumped yet have them drop about1/2 and them pull up and drop another pile makes it easier to work Good luck and happy spreading

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Hope you got some time on your hands. Its going to take a while to spread that much.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

how is there 20-25 yds, if its only a 10 yd dump truck!!! J/K! seems like it would take awhle to do though, but i sure havn't done it

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yes it can be done.
    Its not the best way to spread it but it can be done, it also can be done faster with better results with a back blade with down pressure and power tilt and angle.

7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

yup it can but good luck. i would just get it delivered with gas prices and all that would burn alot of gas/diesel that would take three loads well unless your also a trucking company.

8. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

yea but it will be difficult i have and can run most equipment and i think that would be right on the bottom of my list next to shovel and wheelbarrow