back of truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by rfed32, Apr 23, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

pics of equipt in the back of the truck...trailer was full of brush and needed to cut some lawns didnt have time to empty it so i threw it all on the truck with ramps and went out and cut

how many guys just run out of the back of the truck??

2443.jpg

2447.jpg

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

must of been fun getting that WB up on the truck with ramps!......looks good though

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Do it all the time. My 32" lives in the back of my personal F-150. I got two houses that its faster to cut with my 32" than my 21" even with the drive time. (just around the corner). Stupid 7 by 16' trailer is to small with the new kubota -ZD28 mowers.

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

looks very unprofessional

5. rfed32

from Hatboro

unprofessional is not a word that is used in this area seeing that everyone and their mother runs this way....oh yeah and i picked up three lawns looking like this that day....so i think i dunno to me i dont think people care about that much anymore

6. grassmasterdawn

grassmasterdawn LawnSite Member

If you're not working in high-brow neighborhoods, I don't think most people worry about you using a trailer or just throwing it in the bed of your truck. If I'm just push mowing, string trimming and blowing, then I'd skip the trailer altogether too.

7. rfed32

from Hatboro

i use the trailer everyday, its just the day b4 i had a little clean up job and had it full of stuff...didnt have time to empty it off guy needed his lawn done first thing in the morn. b.c he works from home and was have a meeting or somehting like that and wanted it cut, so i just threw everything in the back...its a hood with $700k and up house in it, but i still somehow picked up 3 more lawns so....but 99.99999999% of the time i will pull my trailer, its a pain in the a$$ using ramps and putting it in the back of my truck

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I ran out of the bed of my dakota to start with and I worked out of the bed of the f150 every now and then. I am not doing many big properties any more so a small trailer is fine. I'm saving a lot of time not driving really far to service bigger properties like I was doing last year.

9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I run my 36" out of my 150 when i can get away with it.

10. #1 Exmark fan

#1 Exmark fan LawnSite Member

I work for a big lawn & Landscape company and pull trailers all day long but I also have my own 36 Encore I ramp in the bed of the truck or I use a small 4x6 trailer with tilt so I dont have to ramp it in the truck. I try to get 20 lawns that I do after the full time job just a little something to done on the side.