Back-ordered parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Samurai WeedWacker, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Samurai WeedWacker

Samurai WeedWacker LawnSite Member

I used to be impressed with the fact that my local John Deere dealer almost always had the parts I needed in stock. If they weren't in stock they could be gotten within 24 hours.

Now I have 2 very-much-needed parts on backorder. One is for a JX-85 mower and the other is for a T105C trimmer.

What is your experience with backordered parts?

2. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Having a few dealers in my area that I deal with, if it is a major part for a front-line piece of equipment that is down I'll call around. If no one local has it I have the dealer call to see if the distribitor has it in stock before I order it, if not then I jump on the internet and look for it. Sometimes I get lucky with a dealer on-line and have them shipp it to me.

3. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

It is called consolidation. Plus on time shipping programs has led to a tremendous backlog problem of parts. On some simple parts such as air filters, trans./oil filters and blades it has taken months to get. When consolidation came to our industry the companies mainly shut down the ones they bought out leaving a void that can’t be replaced.:blob3: