1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Back Pack Blower Problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LightningLawns, Sep 28, 2005.

1. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

My echo blower keeps fouling out the spark plug, what usually causes this to happen?

2. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure someone has had this problem and knows what usually causes this to happen. I could really use some advice on fixing this problem.

3. HTL

HTL LawnSite Member
    from AL

is your gas mixture correct?

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

too much oil in the gas mix?

5. AtlYardWorks

AtlYardWorks LawnSite Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Too much oil in mix, or carb is running rich, or your not running it at wot enough.

7. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

O.k. Now ya got me wondering. I didn't quite use up the last of my mix in a 5 gallon can. I added one of the lil thingys of oil for a 5gallon and only put in 4.3 gallons of gas. Will this affect anything?? Thanks

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I run 4 oz. to a gallon, and that's real rich. Another thing to consider, is make sure you took your spark arrestor screen out.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Which blower model are you talking about? I run a lot of units big/small and have not had the problem. I assume you are using Echo mix?

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe a dirty or clogged air filter would be my thinking. Its making your mixture extra rich because its not getting enuff air?????