Back Pack Blower question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by paul vroom, Sep 29, 2006.

1. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

I am going out this weekend (hopefully) to buy a backpack blower because I might have a couple clean ups lined up.This will be my first piece of commercial equipment and first paying job :clapping: so I want to make the right choice. I am looking to spend between 2-3 hundred. What would you guys suggest I buy and should I count on spending more that $300. Thanks for any and all feed back.
  2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

If you want a new one I would tell you to go for more than 300. The RedMax 7001 is around 450.00 and for like 40 or 50 more you could get the new 8000. You could also go for Echo 751 or 755 both are good models.
  3. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

If Your Going To Buy One, Buy The Biggest You Can Find! I Would Buy A Stihl Br 600
  4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Dont you think they should have put a bigger gas tank ion the stihl??
  5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i would get the redmax 7001 i diddent wana spend a lota money at first too but its so worth it.
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Take a look at Echo PB620 is should be in your price range. This is an light unit that has been on market for awhile and it is a simple 2 stroke with adj on carb. It isn't the biggest unit but is good around. The Stihl BR420 is also a very good unit that has been tried and proven, and is lightweight.
  7. RHK

RHK LawnSite Member

Have you thought about the Shindaiwa EB630RT? I heard it's the best thing out there.
  8. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah look at the stihl br420 for a good mid range lite blower... If u wanna step it up to the big ones, look at the shindy 630's, stihl 600's and the redmaxs and echos... If it was me I would probably go ahead and spend the extra cash and get what you want b/c it will be with you for a while... And if you get a smaller unit, in about a month u will wish you would have bought a bigger one..... good luck
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

For $300, likely your options are limited to the Stihl br-320 and I think Echo has one in that range but I agree with the guys, take a little more money and get the right one to begin with, you'll be better off in the long run.

Oh man, I don't know for sure if it's smaller on the backpack but on the 4-mix weedeater (the fs-100Rx) it is so small it never lasts more than 4-6 yards on a tank... In comparison, my echo goes 8-10 yards, I hate those stupid small tanks.
  10. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a stihl 600 There only about 500 after tax and they can push the grass around on idle. The could use a bit bigger tank but I think that with the 4-mix you cant go wrong. There really quite! I donno, go with the best if you ask me. I was going to get a little 300 dollers one and just thought that I would get the 600 since I would have it for a while!