Back-Pack Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scott H, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Scott H

Scott H LawnSite Member

I am thinking about getting a new back pack blower this year, and I was wondering what everyones thoughts were about what kind to get. I want something that is reliable and powerful. I heard the new kawasaki's are nice. What does everyone recommend.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Shindaiwa EB630 or Redmax EB6200 and EB7000

3. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

As I've said in other posts, we currently have about 8 EB6200's from Redmax, they are very powerful and I like using them, over our other echo 400's.

At other jobs, I used mostly echo's, so I can't comment on the other brands out there, but I think that Redmax deserves mentioning.

4. Scott H

Scott H LawnSite Member

Who sells them, do they have a web site. I have never heard of redmax

5. LoneStarLawn

6. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

This is in no way an endorsement(I have not recieved any equipment from this company). Having said that, I was looking on Lawn and Garden Warehouse http://www.lgwhse.com and they are advertising Redmax eb6200 blowers for $425. I did not think that these blowers were available anymore, so I order one to see what would happen. Low and behold the next day I recieved an e-mail saying that they no longer have these blowers available, but that they would send me a eb7000 for the same price. I think that the 7000 is too heavy so I had them cancel my order. I don't know if they have fixed the error on their website, but if anyone wants a eb7000, that seem like a good price.

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We have Shindaiwa and Redmax. I do not think you can go wrong with either. The EB6200 Redmax has 730 cfm and is 18.9 lbs. so for the little weight it is, it is one of the most powerful BP blowers out there. We have had ours 3 full seasons and I changed the spark plug last summer for the first time. I give it 10 thumbs up. ;)

8. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Scott like i said my dealer is right there in abingdon, its pioneer maintenance. Go see Jerry tell him what your looking for and tell him we sent you. He wont give you a steal, but i just love the fact that your his main concern when your there and he is the best dealer i have found in our immediate area as far as im concerned. Even the mechanics come out to look over my machines when i go up there, to me thats impressive. Check him out hes rith there on old philly blvd in abingdon, he has shindaiwa which is what we have and echo and sthil.

9. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

We use echo and snapper blowers with good success

10. LoneStarLawn

Wow.. I never knew snapper made back-pack blowers..what are the stats on that?