Back Pack blower

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fredrickson landscaping, Oct 26, 2011.

1. fredrickson landscaping

fredrickson landscaping LawnSite Member

What back pack blower should i buy.

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

How much business do you have that requires a blower?

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

We need a little more info on what the intended use of the blower is and what your budget is. What dealers do you have near you?

I just bought a Husqvarna 580BTS. It's gigantic, heavy, powerfull and expensive, but I only intend to use it for tough cleanups. I have other blowers for the less intense stuff. What works for me may not work for you.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Buy the biggest one you can afford. Blowers are one of those things that you can always use the extra power. The weight between a smaller and larger one is negligible.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

The majority here I would say go with the Stihl BR600! My little 380 has done me well thus far, but I don't have any heavy duty blower jobs either.

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Stihl...Like others have said the biggest you can afford.

7. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna580!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure I'd recommend the 580 to someone if it's going to be their only blower. It wouldn't be my first choice to grab to blow off walks and driveways while mowing. It's totally overkill for that. I wouldn't buy anything putting out less than 500 cfm though.

9. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I think if you have clean up to do everyone should ha

ve one. I have te 380 the 370 and a 150 l. The 150 gets the most use for small sidewalks but the big ones come out for parked by lots
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I like my Stihl BR600 magnum. Why? I like that it's smaller on your back and more formed or rounded. It's better when working under trees and squeezing between bushes. Has as much power as pretty much all the other big players and the 4 cycle engine is supposed to be less noisy.