Back pack blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mbigred, Sep 13, 2013.

1. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Red max 8500z or echo 770. Redmax is best. Stop with the atihl comments, it is lackluster at best.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

It's all based on opinion. I may have X and swear by it but someone may Z and think its the best thing since slice bread.

3. Tom_H

Tom_H LawnSite Member

Bought a Stihl %%0 last year and have cut my cleanup time from 7 hrs to less than one. No issues with it.

4. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

thanks for all the posting going to get the stihl 600 this week.

5. wat5150

wat5150 LawnSite Member

I use Echo handhelds and back packs. When I buy new equipment Im going with redmax. Ive heard from people (on a forum I used to belong to) and they have great things to say about them. I have a redmax string trimmer that I usually use as a back up, I carry a couple, my Echo and the Redmax. The Redmax is older but it is a beast. Unreal torque. They seem to be a quality product.

6. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

I do not know who sells redmax?

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Go to their site and punch in your location into their dealer locator. You may have one very close to you that you never knew about.

8. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

is there any thing wrong with a stihl 600 back pack of any of yours?

9. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Should I get the Redmax 8500 or 7500 for doing leaves with...? My dealer just took on Redmax so I want something to go with my Echo 770 for leaves... I have a Stihl 600 but is not as productive as the 770... So trying to decide on which blower to get just for cleanup and leaves only..
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO there's no better than the 580 or 8500. Most powerful they make. If a more powerful one comes out I'd buy it. More power is less time and more money. Pays for itself in no time.
    Posted via Mobile Device