Back pack blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mbigred, Sep 13, 2013.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll stick with the 580 and keep hoping for 1000+ cfms in a backpack in the future.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Unless the EPA gets their way, I don't think they're too far off in the future.

3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

I second RG's assessment. And as a pair, a 85xx and 75xx are a great yard clean up team. Working the two side by side you can see exactly what he's saying.

There is room for all of the above. All are excellent performing machines. None will likely disappoint. My only hesitation on the Stihl is the unnecessary complexity of the engine and valve train. More moving parts = more parts to fail, and or adjust.

When it came time to spend my hard earned money, I went for the simple sure thing. I wanted a 570. But settled for a 75xx. Alongside my 8500, it is my favorite now.

With one guy "scrubbing" the matted down leaves (75xx) and another keeping the wall o leaves moving (8500) productivity is excellent.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

thank you all for the posting this will helps:clapping:

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

What it boils down too...........

580/8500
    570/7500
    BR600

Choose one and go blow some leaves. All 3 are powerful and all 3 will get the job done as fast as possible. We have a BR600 and 8500 and the 8500 stays home all year until the leaves start falling. It is far more powerful than the BR600 but the BR600 is lighter so we use it during the summer.

6. austins35

austins35 LawnSite Member

agreed I'm a Stihl fan however I agree it does appear after seeing an using a 8500 (used only a few mins) The 8500 is more powerful than a BR600

7. BLUZMAN

BLUZMAN LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the great info, now comes down to which deal I can get on two since there are several good choices.

8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I've had 3 Stihl 600's and the 1st 2 lasted a little over 2 years. I like everything about them, comfort & etc but they don't seem to last and I take decent care of my equipment. I'll prob try a redmax or Maruyama on my next purchase.

9. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance LawnSite Member

Redmax 8500. I wouldn't even consider a sthil unless I was a homeowner

10. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Or unless it was a chainsaw.
    Posted via Mobile Device