Back pack sprayer for roundup

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BufalinoLand, Jan 2, 2006.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Im in need of a backpack sprayer for round up. Where do I go.

thanks

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

You know I keep seeing folks say that but I have 5 Solo's and none of them have ever leaked....unless somebody didn't screw the top on tight of course.

4. ArizPestWeed

Long story short , The solo people said it was one of the factories that has a bad mold .
    They'll tell you anything , though .
    My 4 leaked , sent 'em back with a mean letter & they sent me 4 news one , same thing , I trashed 'rm .
    When they didn't leak , I loved 'em .
    Especially the fold up handle

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Lesco sells a small backpack sprayer as well....Nice thing about the solo's is they you can buy them at Home Crapot and they also sell the rebuild kits...FWIW

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Solo makes Lesco's BP sprayer and just about every other "private label" one out there, i.e. Pennington, etc as they are all the 425

7. ArizPestWeed

Homdepot no longer sells solo , it's now flomaster , I purchased one and quickly returned it .
    BTW , I have designed my own ele back pack sprayer , anyone interested in seeing it ?
    It quite an achievement

8. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't mind seeing it, and with all the sparring you and Ric do, I'm pretty sure he would want to see it as well...

9. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Birchmeier. Expensive,but IMO it's the best.

10. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

I use a Shurflow with the electric pump and battery pack. They are around 150-160 dollars but work great. Can't beat them for large areas.