back pack sprayer?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mr.Hurry, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Mr.Hurry

Mr.Hurry LawnSite Member

Which back pack sprayer is the best for the money?
  2. ozark

ozark LawnSite Member

I recently had the same question. I searched lawnsite for hours to look at everyones feedback. I got the feeling that most everyone hated The Solo brand and were recomending The "SP" Brand. I went on ebay and ended up buying a brand new Sp-E for 70 dollars total. The local store had a solo for 99 dollars so i feel i did rather well. As for the performance, I love the Sp sprayer. It seems like it sprays forever on just a couple pumps. I do not have any first hand experience with Solo's but thats why i came here and researched like you are now. YOu too can do a search and i know you will come to the same conclusion.:usflag:
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi Mr.Hurry, We will never again use any backpack sprayer that needs to be pumped up. The Shurflo SRS 600 rechargeable backpack sprayer is the only way to go. It has four spray settings and can spray as much as 120 gallons on a single charge. Ebay has 'em for $170 including shipping. We've used them for over a year now. So far the only problem with them (we have nine) is the gun that comes with these units eventually shells out -- then we put on a TeeJet gun which lasts a very long time. We use flat fan nozzles which allows us tp spray as much as 1000 per minute of turf or whatever.
  4. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

stihl, sg20, fine sprayer for 99.00 dollars. built tough.
  5. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

Echo MS-4. Great sprayer.
  6. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

We use Stihl - no problems

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Birchmeier, but you do have to pump it. About $300 new but worth it.
  8. Mr.Hurry

Mr.Hurry LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input
  9. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

SOLO! Never failed me yet.
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

SOLO for the money