Back Pack SPRAYER

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SchultzLawnCare, Jun 14, 2008.

1. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

What is the best back pack sprayer that you use? im just going to use it for round up and possibly weed killer. I know that stihl has one, and redmax. but dont feel the need to spend 120 on a sprayer that i will use maybe 4 times a year.

2. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

Get a shindiawa one. You can get them cheap off ebay for like 15-40$. Its not going to be a backpack one but if your only going to use it 4 times. Shindiawa makes top of the line equipment.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

SP Systems Landscaper's Choice is my favorite out of all my backpacks (4).

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I bought mine from HD and it was like $80 and that bit my butt...
    And I still don't care so much for the price but it does work and good:
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100163150
    I use mine about 1/2 dozen to a dozen times a year or so, never a problem, not even once.
    Talstar, Glypho, BASF's Drive, Ortho stuff, you name it I spray it.

Because...
    My dad 'found' one at a yard sale for like $5 and then we put another $10 in parts in it and we thought, great! Yup, but the POS leaks out of the cap so once it is full every time I put that thing on my back it soaks my shirt and just aggravates the crap out of me. And we did replace all of those gaskets and stuff but I used it one time and by the time chemicals were trickling down my crack and my pants soaking wet man I was so pissed off I put it back under the house and grabbed my trusty $80 dollar one lol and been using that ever since.

Then here's two more I found but I don't know the quality:
    Because that first one looks JUST like my $15 one lmao
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93302
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94573

5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with Runner, of all the backpack sprayers we've owned the Landscapers choice is (for the money) my preference. If you keep a backpack sprayer cleaned out it will last you a loooong time, and well worth the money.

6. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

where can i buy them at?

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't remember where we bought it from, it has been awhile. It might have been Lowes?

8. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

yep Lowes.

9. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I have an echo MS-4 that work great. Cost me $110 though.

10. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

same thing as SP