Back pack sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sparechange, Sep 25, 2002.

1. sparechange

sparechange LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a good back pack sprayer. I would appreciate any input you have on the brand of sprayer to purchase. thanks

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

3. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

What does one of those powered units cost...$350-$400? Shindiawa makes a manual pump backpack sprayer I've seen for $85.

MATT

5. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

The only input I can provide is that I HAVE NOT had good luck with Solo backpack sprayers. Seals and diaghram eventually leak, pressure is sometimes poor, etc.

I have had very good luck, however, with the Solo 2 and 3 gallon pump up sprayers (not backpack).

6. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i think i got mine for 435.00 or so, but i got it from alamia, and i think they raised their price because i don't remember paying 495.00.. but here's the site anyhow...

http://alamia.com/products/ECH-SHR2100.html

7. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

The only input I can provide is that I HAVE NOT had good luck with Solo backpack sprayers. Seals and diaghram eventually leak, pressure is sometimes poor, etc.

I agree with Westbrooklawn. Just the parts are easy to come by.

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Shindiawa 3 gal backpack sprayer. I've had very good luck with it so far. I believe it was around $70-75. I bought it from my Exmark dealer.

9. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I have solo with no probs you just need to rinse it out after each use. whatever kind you get i would go with a diaphram over the piston because it is better on powder chems.

10. sparechange

sparechange LawnSite Member

thanks for your input. i ended up buying a shindaiwa simply because my exmark dealer carries them.