back pack sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mikeshere89, Apr 25, 2003.

1. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i am going to use a back pack sprayer to spray mec amine-d on a half acre yard (my own) is it hard to do this? by that i mean knowing where u been and not overlapping to much, anyone have any tricks, also i just put down a prem last week is it ok to put down a weedkiller already, i am noticing dandilions

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Tricks? watch where your going, not what your doing. Always have a point to which you are walking, otherwise its easy to get off track. Other options, use a spray dye such as tracker or put down a granular post emergewith a spreader. As far as conficts with a pre, none.

3. Read the label, some pesicides say there must be a 45 day interval between applications.

Swissmex/Spray Systems is what I have for back packs.

There is also a dye you can add to your tank mix that will show you where you applicated and where you didn't.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I know about the Lesco dye, is there any other? Also, could food coloring be used? LGF, I was considering the SP Systems but couldn't find them local. I went with the Echo piston/dia combo sprayer. I'd like to know if you've had any problems with your SP sprayers and which ones do you have?

5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the SP0 sprayer at the beginning of this season and it's worked well so far. I ordered mine from Northern Tool.

6. I think it is Becker-Underwood that makes a dye also.

Had mine for many years with 0 problems.