Back pain and zrt.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jul 22, 2003.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I am running a Hustler Super Z w/o suspension seat and I am noticing that I have some back pain after a day in the seat and i know that a sup. seat will help but how much? I also think I have a bulging disk. It is to the point where I am thinking about going back to a 52" or 60" walk behind for this and other reason's. Would going back to a w/b help do you think?

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Depends on what the DOCTOR says.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have back pain and the supension seat . The seat helps but what bothers me the most is I can't streach out my legs. My Walker is more comfortable for sitting than the Super Z.

Gene

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i also have back problems, 2 bulging discs (L4&L5).
    i also have a super z w/ susp. seat. it makes a huge difference to me, as the deere ztr i had didnt have a susp. seat and after a long day on the ztr i could feel the effects. it may not affect others as it does me, but im glad i got it.

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Riders aren't for everyone. It's not so much the bouncing but the need to support the "stop and go motion" with your back, neck and stomach.

6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Super mini Z with the suspension seat. I never get back pain. Go to the doctor and check it out. Buy the suspension seat it is worth it. I wish the seat would allow the back to move with a adjustable spring so their would be some give in the back when hitting bumps but I just lean forward to solve that problem.

I mow one place that is 3 acres and is real rough due to it use to be a field but is there yard now. I don't get back pains but do feel like my kidneys are hurting from all the bouncing on those 3 acres so I slow down and the pain stops.

7. Doc Pete

Hey, if you want to get to be an old codger like me, slow down before it hurts. You've only got one body, take care of it.

8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey buddy, I am already their. I turn 50 next month but I still try to believe I am 25. No major health problems yet. :D :D :D

9. Doc Pete

I know.......Darn, you think you're 25, I can't get past 19:p and, I on my way to 54:(

10. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

Considering my age(41) I'm still doing ok.:D

I'd still take a rider of some sort over a walk behind anyday.

I broke my back(T-6 & &T-7 i believe) on a motorcyle in '83 and I have the metal rods to prove it.
    Also broke 7 ribs, and collapsed a lung and still have nerve damage.
    My back doesn't get sore from using the ztr's but my kidneys will ache sometimes.

Then again with the nerve damage maybe my back does hurt but i just can't tell.:p

Dan