1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Back Problems Meet Ditzy Customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by battags, Jul 7, 2004.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Let me start by saying that, for the last few weeks, I have been going to a physical therapist for lower back pain. (I'll be fine, but thanks for the sympathy).

Last week, I finally convince one of my customers to let me treat her Red Thread. I treat the lawn and strike up a friendly conversation with her, eventually mentioning my back problems. I told her that my PT gave me some stretches to do, should it act up.

Yesterday, we get done mowing her property and my back starts to spasm. So, I lay down on the freshly cut grass and prop myself up on my elbows, arching my back. She comes out of the house and sees me laying on the grass. As I lay there, I hear her ask, "Is it working?". I said, "Oh, yeah. It feels great!", meaning my back. I look up to see her tilt her head to the side with a confused look, crouch to the ground, and feel the grass with her hand!!!!! She says, "Oh, you're right. It does feel good!". I thought she was talking about my back, she obviously thought I was talking about her grass!!

Not wanting to laugh out loud, I turned my head to the side in time to see one of my employees spit out a huge mouth full of Gatoraide! She said goodbye, we got in the truck and drove 3 houses away before I had to pull over again due to a laughing attack! How could anyone be that stupid?

2. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

That is pretty funny mate.. she prob tried laying on it for herself after you left.. haha.