1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Back Problems

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by grasssin, Jul 1, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

My back has been killing me lately, especially when I get on my HP 48", feeling every bump is not very fun.

Which seat would be the best for me the Custom Ride seat or the other one? The pain is in my lower back and I have to do something about it.

Also what is the prices on these?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

That's a tough call.

I'm 6'3" and I prefer the standard seat with the comfort ride seats supsension fits me best. You however may prefer the LS seat. Your best bet would be to contact your dealer and find out if he has an example of these two seats on units that you can try out.

The custom ride seat suspension has a list price of $299 and the LS seat has a list price of $499.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

3. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Grassin a couple years ago the adjusting mechanism on my standard seat broke and the seat would slide full forward or rearward well since I was at a customers house I used what I had available (two large zip lock straps) to hold the seat as it turn out it was a big improvement for me as the seat slides back and forth about 2 inchs and really is more comfortable less jolts when on a bumpy lawn
    I bet your thinking that I am totally nuts with this but it worked for me and the mechanism is still broken and there are extra zip staps in the tool box just in case....