Back Rack/Safety Rack mount pics?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deere615, Feb 21, 2008.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to build my on safety rack for my truck, Can anyone give me some pics of exactly how the Back Rack/Safety Racks mount in the stack pockets. I want to make sure I build that part right. I don't have a tool box. Thanks Brad

2. deere615

Anyone:confused:

3. bugthug

bugthug LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have one for the same truck that i am not using I will let go cheap to you. it even has the tool box mounts. shoot me a pm

4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I think it mounts in with J-bolts. Its been a while since I did mine.

5. deere615

PM sent...

6. KPS

KPS LawnSite Member

The Backrack doesn't actually go in the stake pockets, only the J bolts do I believe. The are awesome for tying stuff against the back of the bed and mounting a nice light bar!

7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Like this one. I just sold the lightbar but i still have the backrack and i love it!

DSCN1034.JPG

8. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I just put the Safety Rack on my new truck. I can't believe the high quality and strength of this rack. I would think fabricating the bracket that goes in the stake pocket would be quite time consuming. Really a great set up and a great window protector.

9. deere615

Thats basically why I want a safety rack to proect my cab because I am always hauling stuff. got any pics of yours?