1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Back Rack

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by battags, Oct 15, 2006.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I'm currently pricing out a Back Rack for my truck. I plan on mounting a Whelen mini edge light bar to the rack.

Two questions:

For those of you who have them, how do you like the rack?

For those of you who have lights mounted on the rack, did you bother to buy the mounting bracket or fabricate one yourself?

2. battags

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The aluminum ones you can buy at Tractor Supply are the best. They won't rust or corrode and they look great, although a lot of guys have them so if you're looking for an original look you probably won't be the only guy around with one. The back racks are kinda ugly, IMO.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

love my backrack....mounts were fabed by a friend....what size whelen u mounting on there?
  5. battags

It's a mini wedge. It's about 10"x28", I believe. I dont know whether to buy the mounting bracket by Backrack or fab one myself.

No offense, Scag 48, but I am definately NOT mounting a Tractor Supply headache rack to my truck.

I Have One Used "white In Color " 2 Yrs Old Was On An 05 Hd
    $125 586-630-6552 Im North Of Detroit 1 Hr
  7. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

love the back rack.....made my own light mount out of two small aluminum plates.....one right under the light, the other under the back rack bar.....ran mounting bolts through light, first plate and second plate.....I put a plug on the light and truck wire so I can take the light off after snow season